Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just a quick one...

So, today I had lunch at my university center (where there's cafes and the like), and after buying my food, I went to find a table to sit at outside the cafe. EVERY free table was littered with rubbish from whoever had sat there last - WTF?! Leaving rubbish about where there are bins nearby really gets at me. I'm no environmental activist or anything, but seriously, is it that hard to put your rubbish in the bin when it's not that far away? It won't take a minute, so it's not going to be hard to take a few moments out of your time to put the rubbish in the bin, therefore doing your bit for the environment AND you won't be pissing others off.

4 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Docha hate disrespectful people who think they own the world and have a right to do whatever they please, damn the rest of us.

Not that I have a great deal of worldly traveling under my belt but from my experiences I have just described us Americans.

(excuse me if this does not apply to anyone who reads this)

Mr. Nall said...

Yes that is quite an irritation isn't it. Especially when bins are so close. People are just lazy.

Best,

AJN
http://adamjamesnall.blogspot.com/

p.s. particularly like the tags for this: 'rubbish' and 'idiots'! A

Brigid said...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

Milesperhour, yes, people these days don't have a clue when it comes to others, it's really horrible!

adam, yeah, I thought the tags were best suited to the content of the blog hahaha. I mean, obviously whoever is that disrespectful is obviously an idiot =)

Brian said...

Not only should people clean up after themselves, they should recycle as much as possible too.